Today's recipe is easy to prepare and very tasty!
I am going to prepare the stuffed aubergines without bechamel adding instead some mushrooms to the filling.
Preparation time: 1 hour
Ingredients for 4 persons:
1 green pepper
1 can 100 gr fried tomato
100 gr grated cheese
1. Preheat the oven 180 ºC
2. Wash the aubergines and cut them in half vertically. Make some deep cuts in the pulp without cutting the skin of the aubergine. Add a bit of salt and olive oil to each part.
3. Put some oven paper over the oven tray and place there the aubergines with the pulp down and cook them for 30 minutes.
4. Wash the mushrooms and cut them into pieces. Keep them back.
5. Cut the onion into little pieces. Put the onion in a pan with olive oil and add some salt. Cook it for 5 minutes.
6. Wash and cut the green pepper in little pieces. Add it to the pan with the onion and let it cook for another 5 minutes
7. Add the mushrooms to the pan and let it cook for 10 minutes more.
8. Once the vegetables are ready, take the mince meat, cut it a bit and add it to the pan. Add a bit of salt and move it all with a spatula until the meat gets nearly ready
9. When the aubergines are cooked take them out of the oven. Be careful not to burn your hand and remove all the pulp without breaking the skin of the aubergine.
10. Cut the pulp and add it to the pan.
11. Add the fried tomato sauce to the pan, add some black pepper and stir it all. Let it cook for 5 minutes. After a while taste it just in case you need to add more salt or pepper.
12. Once it’s ready we are going to put the aubergine’s skins over the oven tray and we are going to stuff them with the mixture.
13. Put the grated cheese over the aubergines and let them in the oven for 10 minutes to 180ºC (if the oven it is still hot you can turn down the temperature to 120ºC) During the last 4 minutes you can turn the oven to “grill function” to gratiné the cheese.
And they are ready! Enjoy the meal!
PS. This way of preparing the aubergines in the oven let their skin a bit dry. I recommend you not to eat the skin and use it just as a recipient.